About SUDO UK
SUDO (UK) is a registered UK Charity working with local partners to further the following objects in East Africa:
- The relief and assistance of people in need, including those who are the victims of war or natural disaster, trouble, or catastrophe by:
- The alleviation of poverty and eradication of hunger;
- The provision of basic needs in water, health and sanitation; and
- Assistance to local communities to mobilise to respond to natural disasters and to provide humanitarian aid.
- The promotion of the conservation, protection and improvement of the physical and natural environment for the public benefit;
- The advancement of education for the public benefit and the eradication of illiteracy;
- The promotion of human rights (as set out in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the subsequent United Nations Conventions and Declarations) by all or any of the following means:
- Obtaining redress for the victims of human rights abuse;
- Relieving need among the victims of human rights abuse;
- Research into human rights issues;
- Promoting public support for human rights.
The primary function of this website is to exhibit reports from local human rights monitors working tirelessly to document human rights abuses in affected countries where they are unable to publish openly due to concerns over the security of their persons.